St. Thomas' Church School, Howrah

The school was founded at Howrah between the years 1860 and 1865 by the Rev. Dr. E Spencer, Chaplain of Howrah, for European and Anglo-Indian children, for imparting sound Christian Education.

The School is now open to children of all communities, irrespective of caste or creed, who seek education through the medium of sound discipline and build character in the light of Christian ideals so that the children may become worthy men and women and useful citizens of India.

The school is entirely under Christian management as a Christian minority community educational institution under the Diocese of Calcutta, Church of North India.

[...Back to Schools Main Page]